Followers

Search This Blog

CHECK OUT OUR HORIZONTAL SUSPENSION FLEXIBILITY

Monday, December 10, 2007

I'VE GOT QUESTIONS FOR YOU!

Hello Job Seeker,

I have had several private discussions regarding this blog that you might find very interesting!

There have been inquiries about unveiling the secret to getting into Cisco, implications made that "Sr. Engineers" have no interest in networking through blogs or "talking avatars" and that working with Recruiters seems to be a lost cause because there is no feedback.

I have just a few comments but mostly questions. Regarding the "secret to get into Cisco", come close and listen well....THERE IS NO SECRET!!! But there are a few tips I can share with you:
  • Make sure you are registered on the Career Connection Website
  • Don't apply for multiple positions unless they are similar in nature
  • Read the Website to understand our key initiatives (Globalization, Optimization)
  • Communicate with people that you know working at Cisco; ask about the Employee Referral Program
  • Certifications are well respected from the CCIE, PMP to the Six Sigma DMAIC certs
  • Consulting experience from any "Big 5" consulting firm is a Huge plus
  • Developing strategic planning and support around service and delivery for sales, project management and Network Engineering.
  • Keep networking; if you are not on linkedin or facebook, myspace join a social networking site that will yield more introductions to the right people.

Now questions for you...?

What do you want to know?

How are you going about your job search?

Are you using blogs in your job search?

How ae you using the web to find your next position?

What is the best Social Networking site for talking to decision makers?

Do you belong to any associations, forums or user groups?

4 comments:

Sommer said...

After speaking with you have I now have a greater understand of the internal hiring processes at Cisco, but I would also like to know what the next steps are once you are called for an interview. Is that process fairly slow too?

In my job searching, I have been using companies' websites such as Cisco Career connection to locate positions of interest. There are always new and exciting opportunities being posted. Also, I use sites like TheLadders.com and LinkedIn.com. They have helped me in networking with corporate recruiters and locating past professional contacts. Networking is key in getting your resume in the right hands at prospective employers.

Sommer

Unknown said...

This is a great tool for reaching out to people interested in becoming a part of Cisco. As technology evolves, it is important that new channels are created to touch an increasingly tech savvy audience.

Unknown said...

It was a great pleasure speaking with you Tangil. You provided me with an excellent insight on the hiring process at Cisco. I will most definitely utilized your recommendations in my attempts to finding a career with Cisco. I really appreciated the time you took in speaking with me and I hope I have the opportunity to join Cisco one day.

Again, thank you very much!


Marcial

Anonymous said...

Tangil,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me and assisting me in advancing my career path. I pray I am afforded the opportunity to become an employee of Cisco Systems.